Bjoern Eser is the creator of The Active Amputee. As a teenager he was diagnosed with cancer and the consequences of cancer eventually led to Bjoern choosing to amputate his leg later in life (above the knee). You will hear why Bjoern chose to amputate. Bjoern’s organization The Active Amputee is regarded as an incredible resource page from amputees for amputees. The org aims to inform, inspire, and engage.
In this interview we talk about,
- Bjoern Eser’s story (cancer, mobility, and eventually amputation).
- Bjoern’s future with podcasting, vlogging, and his site The Adaptive Amputee.
- The importance of accepting difficult things.
- Getting rid of the victim label and also the need to accept the consequences of your decisions.
- Being a father and adapting to some significant challenges.
- Bjoern shares some of his favorite hacks.
- Responsibility for your own journey.
Bjoern Eser’s Go Fund Me https://www.gofundme.com/the-active-amputee-sponsored-climb
More about The Active Amputee
This page is made by amputees. And it is made for amputees and their families. The Active Amputee wants to enable you to make informed decisions by providing unbiased information. The Active Amputee wants to inspire action through the sharing of stories. And the Active Amputee wants to build a community of active amputees by encouraging engagement and mutual support. Nothing more, nothing less. It‘s as easy and simple as that.
This episode is brought to you by Living Adaptive with Scott Davidson. Find Living Adaptive at, www.livingadaptive.com for more information. Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/living_adaptive/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/livingadaptive/